So it’s my long time dream to start and get my PhD in computer science so I can continue life teaching and doing research. I spoke with one of the top professors at UMD yesterday in the ISR department and it was quite an experience and wealth of knowledge. I had no idea what I had to do to even be considered, but now at least I have direction:
- Take and get good scores on the GRE exam, study for a few weeks
- Get college Transcripts
- Research and speak to a professor on there research
- Get 3 letters of recommendation from managers, teachers, etc.
- Work on writing statement of purpose
- Apply formally to UMD or UMBC